Ubuntu 8.10 is soon due. Hence Ubuntu Eee 8.10 will be released in the beginning of November. But what should Ubuntu Eee 8.10 consist of?
- Base it on Ubuntu Intrepid – you can read more about these features over at ubuntu.com
- Nautilus file manager has tab support and Eject icons for removable drives in Places sidebar
- File Roller archive manager now supports ALZ, RZIP, CAB, TAR.7Z file types also
- This release brings much better support for hot-pluggable input devices such as tablets, keyboards, and mice.
- Linux kernel 2.6.27. This is a significant release with better hardware and numerous bug-fixes which is believed will provide overall improvement for Ubuntu 8.10.
- Encrypted private directory
- Guest session
- Network Manager 0.7, which comes with long-expected features
- “Last successful boot” recovery entry
- DKMS. Allows kernel drivers to be automatically rebuilt when new kernels are released.
- Samba 3.2
- PAM authentication framework
- OpenOffice 3 ?
- More closed source codecs, sun java and windows fonts ?
- Customized kernel by Adam
- Fixes fixes and customizations run at boot time by Ferry Hendrikx
- Netbook remix mode / Regular desktop mode – changer
Do you have ideas for what we should include?